type approval of vehicles, components and systems
ATS Group as Technical Service designated by different Authorities and as an Inspection Body, it carries out inspections on the testing activities carried out directly at the authorized operating offices of the Manufacturer or recognized Laboratories, for the issue of the Final Inspection Report and the subsequent Type Approval Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, for the following types of products:
- Vehicles cat. M, N, O – Approval and production control of motor vehicles and their trailers, as well as systems, components and technical units intended for such vehicles, according to the reference framework regulations: EU Regulation 2018/858, subsequent amendments and additions.
- Vehicles cat. L – Approval and production control of two or three-wheeled vehicles and quadricycles, according to EU Regulation 168/2013 and on delegated acts.
- Vehicles cat. T, C, R, S – Approval and production control of agricultural and forestry vehicles according to EU Regulation 167/2013 and its delegated acts.
- Non Road Mobile Machinery NRMM – Approval and production control of non-road engines (Non-Road Mobile Machinery) according to EU Regulation 2016/1628.
- Individual Type Approval – Single vehicle type approval, according to the reference standards: Art. 24 Directive 2007/46 / EC and Chap. IX of EU Regulation 2018/858.
- Components, systems and technical entities – Approval and production control of components, systems and independent technical units, according to CE / EU and ECE standards.
ATS Group performs Initial Assessment Audits of the Production Process to verify that there are provisions and procedures considered suitable to guarantee the effective control of conformity to the approved type of components, systems, separate technical units or vehicles in production, aimed at requesting type approval.
conformity of production – periodic assessment
ATS Group, through qualified inspectors and auditors, it carries out inspections relating to the Periodic Evaluation of the Production Process, to ensure and agree with the manufacturer that the provisions and procedures are adequate and the control plans are documented, so that they are carried out, at pre-established intervals and set out in the Manufacturer during the Initial Evaluation.
periodic inspection of the approved product
Following the approval issued by the Authority, ATS Group is appointed by the Authority itself in order to verify the conformity control methods applied for the approved products. This is a fundamental check in order to verify that the approved product, and therefore in production and on the market, complies with what was declared in the Type Approval Process. The period of time by which this type of control is carried out varies according to the Regulation and Directive of reference for the Type Approval and will be communicated and agreed directly with the Manufacturer.
ATS Group inspectors will be able to take samples of the products to be subjected to laboratory tests or the tests provided for in the reference standard of the approval obtained by the manufacturer. If the results are not considered satisfactory, they will be communicated to the Type Approval Authority for the possible revocation of the approval.
ATS rigorously adapts and conforms to the standards of ISO / IEC 17020: 2012 as an Inspection Body accredited by Accredia, in order to better meet the needs of manufacturers and to be more in line with the requirements of the Automotive regulations. Through a network of qualified inspectors with proven experience in the sector, inserted in an available and dynamic structure, the Inspection Body ensures competence and flexibility in the activities carried out.
contact us for specific information relating to the automotive sector.
Strada dell'Alpo, 20 - 37136 Verona, Italia
+39 045 585 023
Obtaining the Type Approval Certificate
Contact us and our technicians will reply as soon as possible according to your needs.